Saturday, November 1, 2008

And the winner is...

ME...?!!! Ohhh, hopefully it's me and Barack Obama!!!



The annual Soulard Mardi Gras 2009 poster contest deadlines tomorrow. Grand prize includes enough schwag to delight everyone this Christmas. The only criteria given was to include their star logo; it was not neccessary to follow this year's theme: "Soulard celebrates the history of the world".

So, I attempted to be clever with pulling together the Big Bang theory with Creationism and had fun going back in time to when I earned a living by coloring comic books. I can't tell if it works yet, but in my mind it's a definate political statement. But then, we're only three days to the election that's going to change the course of history and hopefully the winner is... US.

6 comments:

Doggie said...

Hey, I like it.

boomsixty said...

I love it, love it, love it!

...Sharon said...

Hey! I like you... and I love you!

Now, I understand there to be 35 entries in total and some voting to do. Voting is open to the public on Thursday night at the Soulard Art Market Gallery and then to Soulard business owners after that (hey, is that how the right keeps winning, Mr. Gore?) The decision will be announced a few days later.

So, I just want to put this out there...
Voting for my poster to win will allow me to spread the wealth of my winnings (...with those who vote for me, hint-hint). AND I got this from an undisclosed source - that ALL the other artists entered are very mean, evil-doers who have only personal agendas. (ummm...follow my drift...?)

Mr. Patriot said...

i LOVE it!!!!!!! AWESOME!

Lynn Alpert said...

Love your entry - one of my favorites. My friend wanted to vote twice, so she could vote for yours as well as mine, but they wouldn't let her! The night we went to vote, they said there were 49 entries. Good luck! (I linked to your entry on my blog - I hope it's oK!)

...Sharon said...

The winner still hasn't been announced - not that I've heard of. I was told it would be decided in a week. But then my suspicions arose as their phone was disconnected and the shop closed. A small note was attached to the door stating "Jim is sick" (or something to that effect).

So, in my mind... since all the entries were so good, that "Jim" has left town with all the posters as he can get BIG $$$$$ for them anywhere else in the world. How very exciting to be a victim of international art theft!

In my mind only and I'm quite flattered.

Hello Red...
Thanks for your kind words. I'm delighted to see your poster is the one I got up close to at the gallery - in order to follow the flow of your lines. That sort of behavior gets me scolded at the art museum, but your work draws one in. Good luck to you as well. I love your style and will enjoy following your blog around town. (see her poster at:
http://redheadedstepchildblog.blogspot.com)