Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Promise...

A promise is a promise, especially when made to your child. The most recent made to my daughter, was that I would post something each week on this blog site, which didn't seem to be asking too much. She simply supports my creative side.

But I am just too busy right now.

In the blink of an eye, my dance card is so full with work that I may not sleep again until January 8th. Work is coming in from all directions with no regards to the holiday season, but that's the publishing business. Besides, these are the days where no one turns down work.

So there's no time for creating blogable art this week. But with regards to my promise - I quickly pulled something from the past. I found these photos of some boxes we decorated that'll work. Looking at these takes me back to roughly this time last year. My daughter and I had spent many days with cheap wine, good music and shared stories as we decorated several wooden boxes with scraps from 50's & 60's encyclopedias and magazines. And glitter. Don't forget that glitter! The boxes were later sold in the 4th Annual Rock 'n Roll Craft Show. Well, most of them sold.


My promise is kept with recalling good times shared with my kid. Perfect.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh! What a good time we had! I love and miss that time - but not as much as I miss you! Good work, momma! Keep it up! (so many exclamation marks!!!!)