Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Chloe...

February 14th is a pretty special day. It’s the birthday of a friend of mine. She’s one of my favorite people that I’ve always been impressed by. Being bright and very creative, she’s spent years studying dance, music, art and is now getting involved in theatre. With charming looks and a sweet smile, she carries herself with poise and confidence. She knows what she cares about and does something about it. In fact, she loves animals so much that a few years ago she simply stopped eating them. She has conviction. And today is her birthday. Her thirteenth birthday.

I wish for her birthday that she embrace this milestoned era with maintaining a strong sense of self. She’s developed skills that will aid her through the teen years that we older folks reflect upon as “awkward”. (That awkwardness is only due to growing up too fast.) Balance is necessary to transcend well from child to adult. I wish for her that each day she enjoy her youth with positive energy and balance.


I believe in her…
“Happy Birthday Chloe! You are someone to be admired.”

(I remember she named her first kitten 'Butterfly', so I drew her surrounded with fun, flighty butterflies.)

No comments: