Monday, December 1, 2008

Let the Holidays Begin...

Thanksgiving was nice. My favorite part is the kids. This year I let my three-year-old nephew take the photos. Here's his shot of the table that his older brother properly set for dinner, from the perspective of a three year old...



Two days later there was a surprise 50th birthday party. It was a success. Valerie was horrified as she walked into her kitchen to find people screaming at her from every dark corner. SURPRISE!...!! Seriously, once she settled into the idea, she had a great time and I’m certain she felt older the next day.

I helped with the invitations. I decided we should celebrate turning 50 with the color blue rather than that trite, black "over-the-hill" attitude (I think a really mean person came up with that theme). It’s really cool to feel the "getting older” blues - it brings on introspective thought while considering your options, then you smile and get on with your life. Turning 50 is just a really cool shade of blue.



Of course, the next morning came too soon. There was still another party to attend! We drove out to the country for Linda & Joe’s Annual Christmas Open House. Everyone raves about Joe’s great gumbo and then there’s Linda’s amazing art glass. Quite a variety of shiny and bright pretty objects for sale, I felt like a little bird being drawn to this, this, this, and... that!

This is just one of many interesting things Linda creates with glass. (See more at http://glasscompositions.com)




All together a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.
(Only five things would have made it perfect... visits by my two brothers, sister-in-law, nephew and of course, my daughter.)

1 comment:

boomsixty said...

It was a wonderful party and the cool blue signs are still hanging in our kitchen.
I don't feel a day over 49. I did, however, feel about 149 the day after the party.